October 4, 2009

Every Once In Awhile

Tonight, watching Brothers & Sisters, I cried. I didn't cry when Kitty found out about her cancer. I didn't cry when she realized how it would affect her baby. I didn't cry when she told her mother or her husband. I cried when the mom cried at the very end, in the very last minute of the show, when she finally let herself fall apart. I cried when she realized that she was tired of being strong for everyone else and that even being as strong as she had been up to that point, bad things happen and you won't always be strong for them. I cried, a mothers tears for a daughter. I know, I know. Its just a TV show.

I need a vacation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vacation? What's that? I hear people talking about such a thing, but it sounds too good to be true...

cmacc said...

I know right? Someday....

Anonymous said...

Well, yeah. I mean, you've gotta take MCK to DisneyLand, right? And bring all of your cute, single friends as well, right? ;)