October 24, 2009

The View From Here

I am sitting in the den of my new house just looking out the window. Having the porch railing right in front of me makes me feel like I could be sitting in the den of the house we had in the country, only without having four hours worth of grass to cut.

I have spent much of this morning just staring out the windows. After having lived on the 15th floor in an apartment that faces other apartments, I realized two things. 1) We kept the curtains closed virtually all the time and 2) there wasn't much to look at. Maybe that's why I catch myself losing focus and staring out whatever window I happen to be near. I am filling up on window withdrawl. I literally can't walk past a window without looking outside. Maybe its because we don't have curtains yet. I don't know. But what I DO know? Is that we have a KILLER view.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

So very happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

As someone who will most likely never be able to afford a house, you have NO idea how jealous this post makes me.

And yet, thrilled for you as well. Quite the conundrum, no?