October 14, 2009

Things That Are Good as of Right This Moment

* Mck is wearing her new Ariel PJ's and she loves them more than anything.

* Mck did not complain of a mysterious yet painful tummy ache tonight as she did last night and so there was no mom-worrying done.

* I painted my nails bright red and while they look fantastic, they are remarkably distracting when I type.

* New York called and invited me over for a playdate. I don't know when or how but I am going to go there again.

* I have till Nov 2 to get my piece submitted for the contest. Phew.

* My old work team was in the office today and after miles and miles of spreadsheets it was a lovely distraction to see them.

* Someone who usually drives me bonkers, especially with this data entry crap instruction coming from him, made me laugh today. Pretty hard. I even said I'd get a shirt made with what he said on it. Classic.

* Same guy brought me a gift from his trip to Jamaica. Niceness or bribery, I don't care. Its a pretty necklace so its all good.

* My old boss asked me, ME, to update and format his wife's resume. He always said he liked my writing abilities but this was a new one for me. I was scared to change much but was flattered that he asked.

* I am supposed to take pregnancy photos of a close friend of mine. I'm nervous. I spent some time researching some creative shot ideas so she doesn't end up with the same old, same old. I think they'll be good.

* I have a new work bag and I love it. Its Mountain Hardwear and it rocks something wicked.
* My head/jaw ache is just about gone. That hurt more than the actual dental work. But its gone. And that's a good thing.

* I am nearly one week away from being surrounded by oodles and boodles of my own things again. My books, my photos, my art and wonderful treasures. I can't wait to have my maps with me, the atlas, my gorgeous fluffy towels, cozy throw blankets, extra pillows, all of my camping gear....ahhhhhhh.....eight glorious days away from now.....gooooooood!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you're a map-fiend too, eh?

cmacc said...

Yes. I love them. I don't care much for GPS's or anything techie but a map that I can read and understand? Love them.