October 6, 2009

Dear You.....Yes, You

To the squealing one:
The high pitch thing only works when you're 2. And even then its not entirely adorable. Today you brought it to a new level and I have no idea who was suffering on the other end of your phone but rest assured, I suffered enough for both of us.

To the gabby one:
When I see you everywhere but at your desk, ALL day long, and you call me to tell me someone made a point about your absenteeism and you tell me how absurd it is, please know I am agreeing with you strictly out of politeness and because I do not want the akwardness of admitting that I agree with them hanging over us. What DO you do all day?

To the helpful one:
Please don't think I'm an idiot for asking you tons of questions. I trust you to know the answer and you have never let me down. Sometimes, when the answer is right in front of my face, I'm not asking you cuz I'm too lazy to see it, I'm asking you cuz I had no idea to look there.

To the pregnant one:
I know you had a scary weekend but I trust that everything will be ok for you. You are SUCH a good person and deserve the happiness that little Blinky will bring you and you will both come through it all with flying colors.

To the candle burning one:
There is only so much you can do whilst burning the candle at both ends before the breeze kicks in and your energy is snuffed out. Slow down. You're doing amazing. Pace yourself.

To the bad email writing one:
Putting "word on the street" in an email and then typing something you know to be fact makes you look like an idiot. Following it up by telling the person conspiring upon the email with you that you believe in recognizing an issue and dealing with it is actually opposite to what you're doing. You think you've mastered passive aggressive but you have no idea. You're just pissing people off.

This isn't really a "things left unsaid" post based on the fact that I have and will tell people most of these things. Even the three doozies. Because yes, sometimes I'm a jerk in disguise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or you could just anonymously post a copy in the lunchroom. Then everyone would know about the gabby one!

cmacc said...

Haha. I'd see my note posted on passiveaggressivenotes.com! Or is there just such a thing as agressive.com?? Hmmm...I should start that.