October 27, 2009

Things I Found in the Move

I have never seen the movie "Things We Lost in the Fire" but everytime I say the phrase "Things I found in the move" I feel like its a movie title. Though, I'm guessing, probably not as sad/depressing as the fire one sounds.

I found my favorite, actually-purchased-not-from-itunes-not-burned CD's. I found my Backpacker magazines where my trip pictures are strewn throughout 4 issues. I found my prayer flags and my tiny little prayer wheel. I found a box overflowing with notebooks that I didn't know I had. I found little statues from mck's room that were long forgotten by BOTH of us. I found knick knacks that made me smile, books that made my heart warm and pictures that took me away to far off and nearby places I'd very nearly forgotten I'd been to.

So no. There's no fire. There was nothing lost. There's no movie. Just a settled in feeling with the occassional treasure appearing out of nowhere and a quiet little, "Ohhhhh, I forgot about this" from deep inside whatever box I'm in the midst of unpacking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh - when you put it that way, you almost make moving sound like fun...

cmacc said...

Its fun for awhile. But after house number 6 I think I'm ready to stay put for awhile. :)