August 4, 2009

Sister Act

I got back yesterday after spending 3 days with my sister in Calgary. And there were a few things I learned on this little adventure.
* when you have muscles and are helping someone move, you will carry the heavy boxes
* 32 degrees is not a nice temperature to move in but rainis always worse
* discovering the corner liquor stores mysterious cooler and stumbling upon a new fave drink is a super way to end a long day
* going back the next night and finding it again is even super-er
* that even the White Trash Festival three condos over showed some respect to the 11 pm noise control bylaw
* when faced with a choice of punk rock screaming music and frank sinatra-esque music with raunchy lyrics, I will go with ol blue eyes every time
* gigantic swimming pool size holes in the ground are no match for determined women and moving men
* its easy to force good behaviour out of a child when dollarama is on the line
* half a day in the mountains does a soul a years worth of good
* sometimes there is nothing better than a picnic by a rushing river
* friends with big hearts and bigger turkeys make great dinner companions
* my brother is a super great cook and I am no longer surprised by this
* pastor kim's internet connection may have been free but it messed things up in the long run
* staying up late chatting is worth the lack of sleep
* its hard to unpack someone elses things
* I am very very good at getting my nephew in trouble
* I am very good at getting myself in trouble
* I may even have gotten us yelled at and she even used our middle names
* I don't worry about much
* sometimes you just want to wear a skirt
* a slurpee on a hot day beats the pants off of just about everything
* little baby boys with skin so soft you can barely even feel it make hearts melt faster than our ice cream in plus 32 weather
* some magazines are just impossible to find
* you can always unpack next week
* being away is fun but being home is oh so good

3 comments:

Princess of the Universe said...

I think the thing I miss the most with this WW thing is slurpees. :)
xo

Anonymous said...

Okay, tease, what did you do that got you in trouble? ;)

cmacc said...

MMM. Diet without slurpees. Not sure I could do that.

And I have no idea what I did but she yelled at both of us. Hee hee. I felt bad for getting him in trouble but at least we were in it together. :)