August 16, 2009

Familial Relations

I talked with my Uncle in England today. I don't think I have spoken to him since the last time he was in Winnipeg which was probably over 20 years ago. We are in touch through Facebook which is, in my opinion, the best reason EVER for FB to have been invented. But in speaking with him today, he didn't sound like I thought he would. His voice was softer, his accent gentler. And we vowed to visit him that much sooner.

My dad called to wish McK a happy birthday. She had the phone in one hand and the iTouch in the other and all of a sudden we heard this. "Oh, Grandad? Yeah. I wasn't really paying attention to anything you just said. Can you repeat that?" Nice.

We hung out with my nephew today. I took them to McDonalds after a rainy outdoor festival. I got them both chicken nugget happy meals. Once we were safely sitting down my nephew politley asked me not to tell his parents that he was drinking chocolate milk.Crap. I told the story at supper and busted him. Turns out he shouldn't have had the fries either. My bad.

Mck's party was a rip-roaring success. For an unorganized last minute event, it was pretty stellar. Deemed "Best Birthday Party Ever" by more than 1 attendee, I'd say I pulled it off. I would like to thank Dollarama for their unending support.

My brother sends McK voice notes via Blackberry Messenger so that she can hear her wee little nephew Callum making his wee little baby noises. She loves these voice notes and if they were something that could be written on paper, she would tuck them away and keep them forever.

I sent my sister some pics of our two kids playing together today. It hit the spot. Sometimes you just get it right.

2 comments:

RnnrGrrl said...

CHOCOLATE MILK??!! Just kidding, glad he had a good time!

Anonymous said...

"rip-roaring success"? Um, can you plan a party for me next year? :)