August 5, 2009

Early on Tuesday

I heard a song this weekend. On my way out to one of my favorite towns that I know of so far, my sister told me to pick a CD. I flipped through her case and my first choice was dismissed as too mellow. I settled on a second choice and you know when you come across those times where you didn't end up with exactly what you wanted but what you ended up with was so much more than you thought you'd get? This was one of them.

Jesse Cook. Early on Tuesday. My sister said it was on her all time top 10 song list. I had just had a conversation with a friend at work about how hard it would be to choose a top ten song list so I doubted her. Surely there were other songs that were more well known that would inch Mr. Cook out of a spot. And then I listened to it.

Its now officially in my all time top ten song list.

2 comments:

Princess of the Universe said...

One of his VERY rare songs with words. Love him.
xo

cmacc said...

I was happy to come away from Calgary with my new little musical gem. Kudos to my sister denying me my first choice!