August 20, 2009

A Little Fresh Air'll Do You Good

I'm pooped. I'm pooped because part of me feels like I spent the entire day outside and the other part of me feels like I spent the entire day cooped up in a truck. I covered ground like it was going out of style, "popping in" at towns we usually plan a trip to weeks in advance. I stood in mud while the wind whipped my hair into a tangled frenzy and rain stung the side of my face as everyone tried to carry on and pretend like it wasn't raining. I wandered through fields of corn and canola and inspected stalks and leaves and pods and was actually interested. I sat through small talk and bad coffee at retail establishments. I got through a lunch with the "annoying voice talker" sitting right beside me and not only was his voice annoying but it was well used. We spent the day checking this and checking that. And now? I am pooped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still sounds better than a day at the office! :)

cmacc said...

Oh it was. Ride alongs with reps are always a guaranteed good time. Or at least a guaranteed free meal!!