August 12, 2009

C is For Cooperate

Its Mcks birthday party on Saturday. After much procrastination on my part (very out of the ordinary for me by the by) I finally got in touch with a few kids. The dilemma arose when faced with what KIND of party to have.

I bounced around ideas, scratched some off the list due to cost, scratched some off due to logistics, scratched some off due to availability. We knew the foundation of the party was based on Princesses (duh) but what to do, what to do?

Mck has fallen a little bit in love with flying kites. I took her three times this weekend. We flew last night and her first observation upon being picked up at the end of the day is a weather report only a 5 year old could produce. Its either "a perfect day for kiting" or "probably not the best day for kiting."

So she has decided she wants a kite party. Kites for everyone! I figure the kids can each take theirs home as part of their goody bags. Or maybe we can all make our own and then go fly them. However. Mother Nature is apparently miffed at the short notice of the party. Forcast calls for rain. Hmph.

I am crossing my fingers and toes for my soon-to-be 6 year old. I am praying for no rain and a steady wind to keep everyones kites high and happiness-meters higher. I don't need heat, I'm not asking for perfect temperatures, I'm not begging for unending sunshine. Just a little wind so my girl can fly into her 6th year exactly the way she wants to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe she'll grow up to be a meteorologist someday? That kind of forecast actually works for me!

Will keep the fingers crossed that my fellow Leo has a perfect b-day!