November 13, 2009

Ghost Shmost - or The Night I Watched Paranormal Activity

Tonight Pat insisted on watching a scary movie. I have not been a fan of scary movies since approximately the day I brought mck home from the hospital. But I'd heard this one was more of a psychological thriller, a mind tease that never showed a demon, not a drop of blood or a second of gore. So I agreed. Reluctantly.

I lasted about half an hour. I didn't mind the daytime scenes where they chatted it up but the night time filming? Creeped. Me. Out.

So I went and played on the computer and watched tv upstairs. I know my limits. I know at what point I am JUST about fully freaked out and I know when to stop watching. Pat? Does not.

Suffice it to say that in the last half hour the remote controls have managed to slide off of the little side table beside the chair he's sitting in (not a completely flat surface, to be fair). And I guarantee that each time those remotes crash to the ground, a grown man jumps out of his skin. And me? I just laugh. A lot. Loudly. And then I tell him I'm going to whisper at him in the night, turn on all the faucets and slam the door. Hahahaha.

Know your limits. Boo.

4 comments:

Christa said...

Wait. This is out on video in Canada?

cmacc said...

Sort of.....*ahem*

Anonymous said...

What's the fun of knowing your limits if you don't occasionally push them?

cmacc said...

I will push them on a ski slope. I will push them on a mountain side. I will push them on a run. I will push them just about anywhere. Except during a scary movie. :)