November 5, 2009

They Might Be Soulful

A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was a young gal dating the cool guy in the grade older than me. He had some, ummmm, interesting friends but more importantly, he had friends with cars and in said cars we listened to tunes. It was in that year that I was formally introduced to the musical stylings of bands such as De La Soul and They Might Be Giants. I miss them and need to do some serious downloading, pronto.

I remember one song in particular, though not sung by either of the above mentioned greats. I don't know how many times I'd have heard it but somehow a good portion of the song is firmly embedded in my brain. Perhaps if I sing a little, someone out there might know it...

La di da di
We like to party
We don't cause trouble
We don't bother nobody
We're just some men that's on the mike
And when we rockin on the mike, we rock the mike right
Cuz all in all
Keeping y'all in check
Just to see you smilin, enjoy yourself
Cuz its cool when we cause a cozy condition
Yeah, that we create
Cuz that's our mission

Or something like that. *ahem* Ring a bell anyone? No? Didn't think so.

On another note, I heard a song by Erasure the other day. I think my 17 year old self still loves them.

No comments: