November 4, 2009

So....Very..........Tired..............

Long week. Endless meetings. Two formal dinners. But I finally got to meet my new team and I think everythings gonna be alright. Its funny. I have replaced each and every member of my old team. I have them all again. Just with different faces. The guy who swears a lot and has a dry, eye rolling sense of humor? Check. The guy who's always late but somehow you're never really mad at him? He's there. The guy who knows the business inside and out but is never pretentious about his brilliance? Yup, got one. The girl who kicks ass and hangs with the big dogs? Right over there. The goofball who can make you laugh in one swift dance move? Pretty sure I got me another one. The one who's all business all the time but sneaks in a zinger one-liner here and there? Indeed.

So while initially I was sad to lose my first crew, I have come to realize I didn't lose them at all. They're all still there, making each other laugh, breaking into serious conversations, telling stories of "remember when". I didn't lose a thing. I gained. Times two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh - sounds like you're casting a sitcom!