November 11, 2009

Answer Me This...

Where does one put an antique upright piano when you really have no available wall space but 4 different people locally are giving one away free on Kijiji?

Why haven't I checked out Kijiji sooner?

Does that Enzo kid on the Hills creep anyone else out or is it just me?

Is the Hills actually wayyyy better than the City this season?

If today is Wednesday but it feels like Saturday, will Friday feel like Tuesday and will I keep getting pleasant little surprises everytime I realize that it is, in fact, Friday?

Why haven't I been watching commercial-free Coronation Street online up until now? Brilliant.

If the Mentalist was a nightly show would it lose some of its magic?

Do people who eat organic food realize that their precious, non-GMO ingredient items are only still around because they are owned by some of the largest corporations in the world who use and thus support GMO ingredients? Prime example. Kashi, uber organic granola products owned by Kellogs who, I'm just guessing, rock the high fructose corn syrop pretty good in their frosted cereals. No?

How can miserable people put on such a fake happy face around other people? Isn't that exhausting?

If you have come across a really fabulous chair but can't think of a single place to put it but its just being given to you at no charge, do you take it and hope for a brainwave to hit with the perfect spot?

Is it wrong to buy a new book when you know you have at least three that you have not yet gotten to the back page of?

If you have enough airmiles to get to England but you'd have to go alone with no kid and no husband, would you? Take into account you have enough to get all three to Vancouver Island to see a parent.

These are the soul-searching questions I am mulling over right now.

3 comments:

RnnrGrrl said...

Answers:
1. Find somewhere! I still miss our old one from Grant.
2. Don't know. Sold my Coldplay tickets through Kijiji - worked great.
3. Yes. Very wierd. Should anyone be that close to their neighbours kid? NO.
4. Yes.
5. Yes - unless you take Friday off.
6. I told you about this a year ago, so I don't know what you've been doing the past 12 months. Commercials, shmerchials.
7. Never seen it.
8. NO! Really??
9. I bet it is.
10. Yes.
11. No.
12. YES!!

Hope this helps with the soul searching :)

Anonymous said...

Do you play piano?

I'm not even sure I'm reading that word right, let alone could type it?

The Hills?

The City? What's next? The Alley?

I'm not sure, but I think I was just time-traveled into next week.

Never watched it, but I suppose the same could be said of "Dirty Jobs". Wait, no it couldn't. I've watched Saturday marathons... of episodes I've seen before!

Mmmmm... high fructose corn syrup... *drool*

Might explain why I'm so damn tired at the end of the work day.

Yes.

You're asking someone who just put in another order through UC Press two weeks ago...

No, you send them to your friendly neighborhood GeekHiker so he can use them to visit England, or Canada!

cmacc said...

1.
RG - I know, but theres really no spot....torn.
GH - No, took half a year of lessons and bailed. Its just such a cool piece.

2.
RG - Sal is already getting calls on his stuff one day later. Who needs eBay??
GH - eBay esque buy and sell where you deal locally and can't pay online.

3.
RG - Me thinks Whitney needs a storyline, stat. Enzo needs to go but otherwise, Hills it is!
GH - Reality TV.....you'd hate it.

4.
RG and GH - both McK and I kept forgetting that it wasn't Monday. I'd hear people all day talking about what people did on Friday, which was really Tuesday. It was funny.

6.
RG - I KNOW you did but i have never bothered to watch it. Now I have and I see the light. I give you the credit.

7.
RG - You have NOT seen the Mentalist? You MUST.
GH - I know, I'd probably love it every day as long as they kept it intresting.

8.
RG - Yes really. Sure the food is grown organically but the people that think they are "boycotting" or whatever have no clue that the lovely little organic companies they are supporting are getting their paycheques from bigger places.
GH - Any sugar is good sugar.

9.
RH - So why do people bother? I think its just as exhausting to be a cranky bitch all day too. I knew a woman like that. Just miserable. Its got to suck the life out of you.
GH - Ha. Yeah right. You just need more time outside.

10.
RG & GH - we are taking the chair. It'll look fabulous SOMEWHERE.

11.
RG & GH - now i just need the time to go and find me something delicious made out of paper to devour.

12.
RG - How did I know you'd say yes.
GH - No way dude. Do you have any IDEA how long it took me to collect those friggin airmiles????