September 7, 2009

The Torso-less Doll

So McK has this doll thing. Its not really a doll. Its more like a half doll where the intent is really to do the dolls hair. Its the top half of a doll, complete with arms, and cut off at the waist.

Its hair is long and black and scraggly. It is parted in the middle and hangs directly in her face, a la the flick The Ring. I suggested to McK that in an effort to lose the whole scary kid in a horror movie look she might want to consider giving the demon doll some bangs.

No matter the color or glitter applied to the demon dolls hair, it still just hangs there, limp, greasy looking, parted right down the centre. It looks like all of a sudden her head will spontaneously begin to spin around or her eyes will start to follow you around a room, the tiny slivers of them you can actually SEE behind the stringy hair.

I would not be surprised to be all alone in the apartment and then hear a quiet little, "hellooooo Charlotte" from where she sits, perched atop the kitchen table.

Everytime Pat walked into whatever room the freak doll was in he would jump and think someone was there. He finally had to stick it in mcks room with her other toys. She caught wind of this and we now, admittedly with a little evil behind our plot, place her in rather strategic places where we know we'll get a good bang for our "let's use scary looking kids to sell a horror flick" buck.

Today, when Pat was sitting on his bed looking over his newly repaired camera and not paying us any mind, we placed it in the doorway, set it in a location where you couldn't help but feel like you were being watched, and just waited. A few moments later, success.

This evening it sat on the pile of boxes in the hallway so whether you left a bedroom or the bathroom you were confronted with her nasty face staring you down. He actually picked it up and said "that thing is going to scare the life out of me every time I leave the room" and moved it somewhere else.

I don't know where he put her. Part of me wants to set it on his side table tonight, angled so that she is looking directly at him, just to see what happens. The other part of me wants to go and cut some freaking bangs in her hair so her cute little dolly face can show rather than leaving to my imagination the scars and blood and evil grin I see behind the curtain of horrible hair everytime I look at her.

I think I'm gonna go see where she's at. You know, just in case I have to get up for a glass of water or something tonight. But its not that I'm scared or anything. I just, um, you know, wouldn't want to trip over it or break it or stab it repeatedly in the face by accident.

Shhhhh. Her eyes may be covered with a greasy mop but she HEARS EVERYTHING.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

It's currently on the coffee table......or is she? I better not find her in the shower! Freaky thing...

Anonymous said...

*laughing*

I think you should take a small picture of her, and hide it somewhere here on the webpage...

cmacc said...

GH, oh she's HERE. You can't see her? You will. One day.