September 25, 2009

Oh The Things I Learned Today

Sometimes, just because you have to wait fifteen minutes for your bill, does not mean that you magically have room for dessert and should order some.

Sometimes, when you ask a waitress what flavor the white cake is and she says "white", you maybe shouldn't order it.

Sometimes, its ok to be in a parking lot, out of your car, almost in the restaurant and decide to turn around and go somwhere else simply because you feel guilty that its fast food.

Sometimes, you'll end up eating stuff for lunch that's probably worse for you than the fast food but it doesn't seem as bad because its from an actual restaurant.

Sometimes, a three hour policy review meeting really DOES take three hours, regardless of how many times people say "oh it won't go THAT long".

Sometimes I don't read people as well as I think I do.

Sometimes I can go from being at the bottom of her list to the top when I save her day by going to buy a hat so she can be a part of hat day when we totally forgot to bring one from home.

Sometimes cake isn't all its cracked up to be.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is get out of the way.

Sometimes, all you have to do to get two kids to fall asleep is be there and be quiet.

Sometimes, talking about farts and poop with a pregnant woman will very nearly make her throw up.

Sometimes, even sunshine can't warm a room.

Sometimes, I feel out of the loop.

Sometimes, when you have a good laugh, you know the kind, three hour meetings just fly by.

Sometimes, seeing other peoples new tattos makes me think about the one I've been mulling over.

Sometimes, watching two little ones sleep, make everything good in my world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're, like, the most balanced person I know...