September 19, 2009

Good Things, Brought to You By Today

Walking through Dollarama with my 6 year old and watching her find exactly what she was looking for.

Watching her figure out getting from one end of the monkey bars to the other in her own unique way, of course.
Sitting in the seats at the horse races explaining to her how fancy and busy it used to be there.

Watching her fill out and sign her own card for Grandpa's birthday. Instead of his name on the front she drew a cat.

Realizing that her top three fave tunes right now are sung by Michael Buble, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Snow Patrol.

Watching her eat almost as much pizza as me (toppings scraped off, naturally, but STILL!)

Seeing her face as she realized, while we waded in the lake after dinner, that I didn't really care if she got her dress wet. She was up to her neck in record speed. Thank goodness for the hoodie I keep in the car.

Driving home in the dark after a lovely evening in the country, my head on her shoulder, her head resting on mine, both of us singing along to our CD.

Tucking her in to bed knowing she'd be asleep in minutes.

A snapshot of our day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If she's that bad with pizza now, what will she be like when she hits the teen years?!?

cmacc said...

I'm hoping that by the time the teen years hit, she'll eat anything. I'm even ok if she hates my cooking, just as long as she EATS!