September 11, 2009

The Head Cheese

Today I had to order some business cards for my new boss at work. I have also ordered them for all of my crew which has proven to be time consuming as their role title has changed a time or two in the past week or so. Regardless, ordering was done.
After getting clarification from my boss on his title, I placed his order. A few minutes later, after he chatted with a fellow big wig, he returned and said he'd need a second box. Uh oh, I thought, name change again. No, no, he assured me, it was in addition to the ones already ordered. Ok. Cool. So I asked what would be different about these ones and he looked a little sheepish when he said,"They have to say president on them". Well. That was my cue. "Oh!! Oh!! Can I call you Mr. President?? Please!?". "No", he said. He followed it up with, "I told my wife that she was going to have to call me that and she said not a chance. Though she DID say maybe on my birthday". Too funny.

No comments: