September 6, 2009

McK Right Now

Right now mck is asleep in her bed, staying true to her side-sleeping persona, one foot tucked behind the opposite knee.

Right now mck's freshly washed hair is piled atop her head with a swoop across her forhead that makes her look like Audrey Hepburn.

Right now mck is completely uncovered and probably getting colder and colder until she wakes up at four in the morning and asks me to tuck her in. When she does this I am never groggy. In fact, I honestly believe I wake up a second before she needs me.

Right now mck has princess dresses strewn about on the floor all around her bed, a moat of satin and toile.

Right now mck is half awake, lightly sweeping up and down her arms. I'm guessing her next move will be a real good scratch.

Right now mck just turned over and is buried in a pile of stuffed animals, all of whom are placed in their specific spots everynight before anyone else can actually lie down.

Right now mck has drifted back off to sleep, dreaming of the scooter that she mastered today, the swimming that she rocked today, the games that she played today, and the adventures she will have tomorrow.

4 comments:

Patrick said...

God I love you two...

Leslie said...

Awww...I love all three of you!!

Anonymous said...

I second Leslie's comment. You three are, like, the coolest family ever.

cmacc said...

Awww, Les and GH, you two are,like, the coolest pals ever.