September 5, 2009

School Daze

Mck starts school on Thursday. I have been getting all of her school supplies in order for her and have a meeting with her teacher on Tuesday night. She was told to get certain items that would be kept in her desk. In her desk, people. This is some seriously heavy school shit!

For the last two years she has been a school kid. First, spending three days a week, half days in a pre-kindergarten program. She sat at random tables for snack and that was it. Then she was in half days all week for kindergarten where she sat at random tables for crafts and snacks and that was it. And now? My girl gets her own DESK.

I remember having to choose a desk. It was a much deliberated topic pre-start and a mad rush for the intended seat when the doors opened. Sometimes the desks were assigned. Sometimes they were paired side by side. Sometimes you got lucky and sometimes you got stuck by Kelly who used to pick her nose and save the boogers on her clear plastic ruler. When old enough, plans were made to ensure you were within ogling distance of that hot guy, you know, HIM.

I don't know how her desk location will be assigned. I just know the fact that she is even getting assigned a desk means my wee babe is not so wee anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not hot, but would you have picked the desk next to me anyway? :)

cmacc said...

As long as you didn't pick your nose and let me cheat off you in math, then fo sho!!