December 1, 2009

You Dirty Rat

Yesterday I laughed so hard I cried. Tears were taking away my mascara with the speed of a rushing river and my stomach ached and I couldn't breathe. It was one of those laughs where its so intense and gone on for so long that its silent, you can't even hear yourself laughing anymore.

And it was at someone elses expense. Go figure.

A friend of mine at work had been in a 4 hour conference call. Now, as most of us who have participated in conference calls know, you generally have one or two people who you message with throughout the call just to make them a tiny bit more bearable. My pal was messaging with a male colleague of hers from another province who was also on the call. Fast forward a few hours in and the gal presenting over the call had issues with her spreadsheet. She commented that it often occurs when someone else is in the same sheet or program. My pals friend messages her and says, "Haha, thats me, don't tell her!!"

Now let me preface this with saying that my pal is a very lovely, sweet, kind and normal gal. Shes very very funny and very very likeable. She is also 7 and a half months pregnant.

So in response to his fear that she would tell on him for meddling in the program and screwing it all up for the presenter, she decided to message him back.

This is what she thought she wrote: "Ha ha, I'm totally going to rat you out". She hit send and off it went.

Her blackberry has auto-spell which will see what you are about to type and finish off the word for you with the most logical word based on letters already typed or will flip your word into something else that it THINKS you MEANT to type.

It changed "rat" to "eat". Now just take a second to go back up and read her reply with the new word in it. Tell me you don't need tissue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh - the joke that just popped into my head is so off-color, I shouldn't say it here. But I'm sure you'll be able to guess... ;)