December 17, 2009

Sometimes You Know JUST How To Piss Me Off

So we had an issue with one of the panels on our tri-panel shower door. Not a big deal, figured out who to call, made the appointment. Yesterday just before noon I called the company to try and get a better idea of when "the guy" might be coming. He said anywhere from within the next hour to within the next three hours. Hm. Ok. So I asked if I could get a half hour pre-call, just a heads up so I could scoot out of work and be there to let the guy in. Sure thing, he says, will do.

So I wait a bit. And I wait a bit more. And I decide to head towards home because surely I'll be getting that call soon. I decided to stop in at the paint store to pick up a can of paint and lo, I get the call. From the guy. In my driveway. I told him I was just grabbing a can of paint and would be there in ten minutes. Well. Mr.Guy could not wait. No siree. As much as he'd love to just sit in my driveway for ten minutes (his quote), he just couldn't spare the ten minutes. Apparently he had NO IDEA that he was supposed to call me when he was about half hour away and rather was told that I'd be there between noon and three to let him in whenever he decided to show up. I hung up on him.

I finished up at the paint store (which was a controlled debaucle in and of itself) and headed home to call the guy who arranged the repair. "Sometimes our repair guys have so much paperwork in their truck they miss these kind of instructions". Oh. Hey. Pal. I have SO MUCH paperwork on my desk but you know what happens when I miss something? Let's just say it doesn't always get rescheduled.

Anywho. He said the guy could come back tomorrow (today). I asked WHEN. Between noon and three? Cuz that's fine, I just need to know so I can actually, you know, BE HOME. Yes, he said, between noon and three. Should I get my hopes up for a pre-call? I asked. No, he said. Don't.

So today I came home at noon. And I waited. I waited and waited and thought "this guy is doing this on purpose, he's going to make me wait till its almost past three and I'm JUST about to call and complain". Sure enough. Not only was it passed two thirty but all of a sudden my phone rings. I got a half hour pre-call. Which means nothing considering I've been sitting at home SINCE NOON.

He showed up at five to three, was perfectly pleasant, fixed the door in about three minutes flat and was gone, not necessarily oblivious to the irritation he caused but certainly not caring.

Frick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you ever just want to say "Let's see, I'm the customer, I'm paying YOU, so how about I'll be home sometime between Noon and Five and you can just park your arse and wait for me?"

cmacc said...

Ugh, the dude wouldn't even wait TEN MINUTES!!! Frustrating. Oh well. Its fixed.