December 29, 2009

Gaining Strength

So I'm sitting here watching the Star Trek movie and, um, well, can't exactly get into it. Its like the Dark Knight, lots of hype, not a lot of substance. So here I am, writing instead, confident that each time I look up, I'll be right caught up in a jif.

I ran yesterday. Did nearly 5k. It took a bit but its a start, and a good start considering my end point. I'm a touch sore today but its a good sore.

I got a haircut the other day. Had a guy I liked enough to actually take his card and his advice. We chatted a bit about my thin fine hair and what I could do to stop it from being so brittle and breaking/falling out with such frequency. He mentioned keratin, omega 3's, and agreed with my flax seed assessment. He also suggested a treatment with an advanced repair serum. It made alot more sense than the previous advice I had been given which both contradicted itself and consequently never worked. So today I listened to Anthony and bought Flax Oil Pills with Omega 3's in there for strength and shine and got a conditioner specifically for breakage repair. Should this fall into the same category of "epic hair fail" I will go back and get the keratin spray-in thingy that was uber expensive but quite possibly worth its weight in gold.

I'm in the process of organizing the basement, a feat which involves poring through our boxes of camping gear that have been either picked apart or completely ignored for the last year. It will be so nice to have all of the sleeping bags out and fluffing, all of the packs out and breathing, all of the gadgets and gizmos and mini cheese graters and toasters and down booties all right at my fingertips, all ready to be packed at a moments notice. Ahhhh. Can't wait.

Well. Some things blew up. Some people died. Spock and Kirk are still around. Suprise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't mind the movie too much, though the bridge-by-Apple was annoying.

Impressed at the 5k, confused by the complexity of your hair... but I guess that's just being a guy. ;)