December 21, 2009

No Thanks, I'm In Training

So my sister just agreed to train for a half marathon. In telling me about it, her excitement was apparently contagious because the next thing I know I have asked her to send me her training regiment for perusal. I read it, it seemed do-able and voila, I too, am about to embark on training for a half marathon. In May. Oh man.

She put together a plan that begins Feb 7 (so I have till then to either live it up or start to get myself on track) and goes until May 30, the BIG DAY. She is about to work on a nutrition plan for the same time period. I have never stuck with a plan but I think its because I have never had a tangible GOAL before. Sure, theres "get fit", "lose weight", "fit into those jeans", but no real EVENT wherein the result is based solely on how much I commit to the next 5 months. Like Joey said on Blossom, "WHOA!".

I'm pretty pumped. Not so much that I'm having a protien shake for breakfast and a power bar for lunch, lets not go crazy just yet, but pumped nonetheless.

3 comments:

RnnrGrrl said...

This is going to be awesome! We are going to ROCK that race!!

cmacc said...

You better believe it!! If I'm not dead somewhere along the race course, we'll rock it hardcore!

Anonymous said...

I am the GeekHiker, and I am here to PUMP! YOU! UP!

I should figure out some way to pass through town and cheer you on...