December 7, 2009

The Ways in Which Dollarama Surprises, Nay, Pleases Me....

So D-rama has given me a little shockeroonie as of late. Basically I am FLOORED at the amount of decent shit they can sell for a buck or two. Some examples, you ask? Why, certainly.

- ENDLESS Disney Princess paraphernalia. I mean ENDLESS. And ever changing. Birthdays and Christmases have never been so pink.

- Winter accessories. Surplus supply of fleece gloves and scarves and toques for the kid. The ONE PLACE where I buy toques for Pat. My best discovery was just today when I found loose knit cable toques in an array of colors that look wicked on me. Sweet. And if McK loses a glove (which she already has) its no big deal. Cuz it was A BUCK.

- They sell Dove products. Actual Dove skin and haircare products. My shampoo and mousse for 2 beans a pop. Well holy crappers. That beats 5 bones at S-Store. And todays latest find? A Dove spray for dry and staticy hair. Hello???? I bought it, tried it, love it, am buying one for mck to keep in her backpack (downside to her fleece toque, static head). 2 bucks people. 2.

- Crafts, crafts, crafts. When you have a kid who can use an entire bottle of glue on a toilet roll creation and paints on average 862 pictures a day, cheap craft supplies is where its at. And where its at? Is Dollarama.

- Greeting cards. Gone are the tacky, cheap looking, clearly-from-a-dollar-store cards. They now have some decent cards that may have even made me chuckle a time or two.

- Party supplies. Loot bags have never been so easy.

- Ziplocs, storage containers, hangers, shower curtains, table cloths, gift bags, and on and on and on....

The only really shitty thing about D-rama? Buying something somewhere else and then seeing it and Dollarama the next time you're there and realizing how much you clearly overpaid for it. Stings.

No comments: