December 19, 2009

Is This What Its Like?

Tonight I am waiting for Pat to get home from a night out with work folk. I believe it was set to be a somewhat rowdy evening but know his intentions were to sneak away at some point and not be home too late.

Normally I would just hit the sack and not worry about seeing him till morning. However. I do not think he has his house keys. In fact, I'm fairly certain he does not. Which means only one thing. He will knock at the door when he gets home. And I'll need to hear it. Because I know there is NO WAY he'd ring the bell knowing mck was sleeping. So I will half sleep, waiting to hear a knock a storey below.

And before you even ask the question, no, he does not have a cell phone. There will be no call or desperate text alerting me to the fact that he's freezing on the front doorstep. Only the hope that through my wine-fueled slumber, I will hear him. Knock knock. Who's there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, now that's love...

cmacc said...

He stumbled in at 3:30 am. Nice. But he got up for brunch so you gotta give him some points for that.