February 9, 2010

MIA Like Whoa

Since you been gone:

I went to New Orleans. Best new memory ever? Sitting in Maison Bourbon, listening to the most amazing live jazz, like, EVER, and the leader of the band announces that not only is there a birthday in the house but its a birthday of a guy heading BACK to Iraq two days from then. *choke* Everyone in there stood up, raised their glasses, and sang happy birthday at the top of their lungs while the band played on. Patriotic much? I wanted to be American right then.

The Saints won the Superbowl. Oh. Em. Gee. I have loved them since last year when I saw them play live. New Orleans was buzzing when we were there, just about vibrating by the time we left. They played like rockstars. They ripped it up. They blew the haters and the doubters out of the water. It wasn't even a close game. They earned it.

I kept track of 54 people for 4 days. Well. Except for the last morning. Remember in the movie Home Alone where they are already at the airport and they realize they left Kevin at home? Well, we left Kevin at the hotel. And his name was actually Kevin. Which was a little creepy weird. When he finally answered his phone and asked what he was supposed to do I told him he needed to get on his big boy pants, get himself to the airport and talk to the ticket ladies to find a way home. Ok, maybe I left out the big boy pants part. But it was implied.

I have realized that my budget saviour, the one person who would finally be able to get me out of budgety, spreadsheety hell, had NO IDEA WHAT I HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT. Nelly. That was one hugely disappointing moment in my world. I sent her the spreadsheet that I had been talking about THIS WHOLE TIME and got a resounding "Yeahhhhh......I've never seen that before" in reply. *ack* Looks like its just me and my spreadsheet. Again. I need to just embrace the spreadsheet, love the spreadsheet, BE the spreadsheet. Fuck.

I watched an episode of the Buried Life. I hadn't watched it from the beginning of the season because I knew what a tear-jerker it would be. And this episode, they wanted to help a woman deliver a baby. It was rather humorous, having delivered a baby of my own. What single 20-something guy would want to see THAT? But the stock in Kleenex went up in the last part of the show where they earned money to get a woman from New Orleans, who lost her mom in the Superdome after Katrina, to her grave site. She had never been there. They got separated and the mom ended up getting buried in Denver. What parent could watch that dry-eyed? What parent??

So work has been nutty, home has been nutty, life has been nutty and that, well, thats where I've been.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed ya!

Sounds like a pretty awesome trip. Were you in NO during the game?

Hmmm... McK is good at PowerPoint, how are her Excel skills?

cmacc said...

No, we were already home for the game. I saw footage of Bourbon street and i'm kind of glad we were home, it was Ca Ray Zee.

And your clues on your blog are the Olympic rings. Do I win a prize??