February 17, 2010

Compulsion

Why is it, that EVERY time someone comments or compliments me on what I have on or a piece of jewelery or something I have, I compulsively tell them where I got it. Especially if its at a place you wouldn't think. Or if it was super cheap. I NEED to tell them how much it was. Am I weird?

Take the other day. I had on my black boots. They look nice, stylish, like boots you could get at a fancy shoe store. Someone commented on them, "Great boots!". My reply? "Thanks! Giant Tiger!" Whats up with that? Why can't I just say Thanks! And then zip it?

Today, someone commented on my pants. "Thanks, they were $2.99!" Seriously? I just told you I paid less for my pants than for a Big Mac? Why do I feel the need to do this? Is it because I'm not a showy person, I'm not flashy or fancy in any way shape or form so I justify any new purchases with the fact that I didn't pay that much for them? I do love the fact that I always find a good bargain and rarely pay full price for much but why the need to tell the world about my incredible savings?

2 comments:

RnnrGrrl said...

It's because you grew up in Winnipeg! Bargain centre of the universe. Either that or it's in our genes. I do the same thing. I too have the compulsion to tell people that my sandals, regularly priced $400, were $14.99 at Winners, or that my new jacket cost $25, or that I just scored a beautiful designer suit for $50. And this was all said this past week. :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should start a bargain blog... :)