July 23, 2009

This One Time...

I saw something today that made me chuckle. On some show someone referenced band camp. And no, it didn't automatically make me think of American Pie. It made me think of an old job and an old pal.
You see, back when I organized the bike tours, this pal and I used to talk about them ALL the time. So much so that we started saying, "this one time, at bike tour...". It was so totally unrelated to the movie and had nothing really to do with the bike tour or band camp but would make us laugh and laugh and laugh.
I worked with a lot of unhappy, unstable and unsatisfiable people. They didn't get the bike tour like I did. They didn't have the overwhelming urge to want to talk about it all the time like I did. And they didn't necessarily want to hear me go on and on about it like I did. So when my pal and I were together, it was all band camp, all the time. Hey, did I ever tell you? This one time, at bike tour...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, this is going to make all of your readers wonder what else happened "that one time, on bike tour..." LOL *evil grin*