July 9, 2009

Talkin' Bout My Girl

McK had her first canoe trip on the weekend. I will post the pics soon for those of you who have not seen them on facebook. But I just need to say, my kid? Was TRULY MY kid this weekend. There was no mistaking her.
She helped load the canoe. She stepped in it on water for the first time ever and maneouvered herself around like it was a couch. She sat and enjoyed the view. She trailed her fingers in the moving water as we flew along. She helped to paddle (sort of!). She climbed out of the canoe onto steep rocks like she had sticky soles. She brought gear to the site and wanted to be a part of the set up. She explored. She checked stuff out. She was totally game for getting back into the canoe and paddling over to the other shore just to see what's there. She stared into the fire. But most of all, the one way she was MOST like me out there? She got into the hammock.....and did not want to get out. THAT'S my girl.

No comments: