July 9, 2009

Full

Just spent a weekend canoeing. And I am full. My stomach is full of delicious food cooked in open air. My hair is full of lotion and bug spray and lake water splashes. My skin is full of vitamin D and kisses from sun and caresses from wind. My muscles are full of life and an energy they have not felt for a good while. My hands are full of callouses that have been sadly absent for years though I welcome them back now as a reminder of the work and love in every paddle stroke. My nails are full of dirt and grime and telltale signs that I have spent a weekend with mother nature and we played hard, as we tend to do when she and I get together. My head is full os images, pictures taken and pictures not taken, of memories and lists for next time. My heart is full of joy and laughter and admiration and pride as I watched my daughter get to know this good friend of mine, mother nature, and show her toughness and ability on the water. But my soul? It is so full it is bursting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it (speaking philosophically, natch) that all the cool, outdoorsy girls like you are taken? *sigh*

cmacc said...

They are still out there, don't worry!!! You'll find one. Bound to. Odds are all in your favor. And no pity talk in your reply mister.