July 13, 2009

Empty

We didn't canoe this weekend. And I can tell. I am more tired, more bored, more "meh" when people ask what I did this weekend. It sucked. Every car that passed me with a boat on it made my heart ache just a tiny bit. Mck had a birthday party and we had dinner plans and all I could think of was what kind of a MORON was I for accepting the date and RSVPing to the party?
So I put my foot down. This weekend? This weekend we are canoeing come hell or high water (well, not TOO high). We are trying a different island. A longer route. A tweaked packing list. And it? Will rock. Its back in me. I have lake water coursing through my veins again. And like a vampire needs a bite, I need my paddle in my hand, my kid tucked in in front of me and nothing in the horizon but the elements.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are you just canoeing during the day, or are you camping out on these islands as well?

cmacc said...

We stay on them overnight. Its delightful! I will post our pics asap from last time.