June 13, 2009

Look of Death a la Pat

The other day I brought home the worlds most gigantic post it notes for mck to draw on (the ones that act as flip charts in meetings). Her eyes lit up at the magic of it all. Within minutes the apartment was wallpapered in various sayings and pieces of art. This, as those of you who know us, drove Pat crazy in a matter of a day. I put off the inevitable gallery closing for a few days and just last night he had all he could take and down they came.

This morning, mck said, "Mom, I feel a little different. Somethings not right." I told her it was just that the apartment was tidy (apparently an oddity). She said no, that wasn't it, it was something else, something else made her not feel right. I knew she knew what it was but I decided to not draw anymore attention to it.

Later this morning, mck turned to Pat (thrower-outer of all things crafty) and asked him what he did with them all, cuz surely you wouldn't throw away something of such value. We both stared at him with big blinking eyes, mck waiting for the answer and me, waiting for the entertainment.

Pat: stammer, stammer, I ummmm, I ummmm, I took them to work and put them up there so all the guys at work could enjoy them.
McK: Oooohhhhhh, cool.
Pat (looking very pleased with the believability of his story)
Me: Maybe we should go to dad's work so you can see how nice daddy hung all your pictures.
McK: YEAH!

Insert look of death here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss the days when joy came from giant pieces of paper. Not that I'm opposed to my new toys like GPS units, but they sure are more expensive.

And you, my dear friend, are cruel. In a good way. :)