January 21, 2010

Coming Home

I think I say this everytime I go away, whether its for a night or a week, its fun being away but WOW there's nothing like your own bed with your own pillows and coffee made YOUR way and toast from your own toaster and a selection of foods that YOU chose.

Its weird to feel almost a little jaded from work trips. Steak, yeah, medium well thanks. Wine, ok, white, as per. Big breakfast, sure, we'll just expense it. I tell ya, its a happy happy morning when I walk in the meeting room and there is a selection of cold cereals for breakfast.

Maybe that makes me simple. Maybe it makes me jaded. But at dinner last night, when one guy ordered a chicken pasta dish and actually said, "Oh MAN I am SO looking forward to this chicken, I'm SO sick of steak all week", I totally got him.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I totally get it!

Anonymous said...

The grass is always greener: as someone who never gets to travel for work, I'm supremely jealous!