March 24, 2010

On The Road Again

I'm cruisin' through Manitoba tomorrow and I am pretty durn excited about it. I love Manitoba. I don't see enough of Manitoba. And even though the places I'm going tomorrow are all places I've probably been to or driven through, I don't care. I am happy to go see them again. I am driving around with a coworker to see how their day is. We will probably be stopping in at a handful of teeny tiny towns with fabulous little restaurants and horrible burnt coffee. We will accumulate hours of small talk and shop talk and without question weather talk. We'll marvel at the landscape, inspect the landscape, grumble about the landscape and inevitably blame mother nature for the state of the landscape. I'm sure I'll go through my phases of being super wired and chatterboxy in the truck, then quietly observing in the truck, then barely staying awake in the truck, the pretending to listen in the truck, then hopefully back to buzzed and wide awake in the truck. I can sense that I will find a hidden gem tomorrow, perhaps the best BLT in Manitoba or maybe the best place to sit and stare under a tree. Either way, I'm out of the office, on the road and cruisin' through Manitoba tomorrow. And life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, this was SO not the post I needed to read in my windowless office during my lunch hour at work! LOL

cmacc said...

Heehee, sorry. :)