March 1, 2010

Olympic Withdrawl. Major Heavy.

So the Olympics are over. I came home from work and didn't have to fight with mck for the remote. I didn't have to park myself on the couch and cook supper looking over my shoulder so as not to miss anything. There were no highlights of the day of goodies I may have missed. There were no montages of our athletes winning and shining. There was nothing. And I am going through a little withdrawl.

I almost forgot what I did every evening pre Feb 12. I took mck shopping to get over it. It helped a little.

I wonder if I loved the Olympics as much as I did because they were in Canada. But I'm not sure thats it. I think no matter where we would have competed, we are always considered the underdogs. I was just really ready to cheer for Canada. Really ready. I liked the Opening Ceremonies, glitches and all. I liked the Closing Ceremonies, kitschy and all. I liked that we won the most gold medals, not only this year but in history. I liked it all. And I wish they were still on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always liked the Olympics. It's as though I'm not a sports nut most of the year, but then the Olympics come on and I just go crazy for them.

I don't think you loved them just because they were in Canada, but the enthusiasm of the crowds (whom, I note, root for good sport, not just their own) certainly didn't hurt. :)

cmacc said...

Yeah. Canada kind of rocks that way. :)